Blair County Community Action Agency


About Us

Client Services
    Employment Training
    Energy Services
    Housing Counseling
    Representative Payee
    Supportive Housing


Community Outreach



Privacy Statement


Contact Us


Community Service Center
2100 6th Ave
Altoona, PA 16602

(814) 946-3651
(800) 238-9763

Circle Graphic Housing Counseling


(:Printer Friendly Version:)

Education and Counseling for renters, homeowners, and first-time home buyers.

Educational/Outreach Services

  • Beginners Budgeting
  • Credit Basics
  • ID Theft
  • Fair Housing
  • A Guide to Renting
  • Predatory Lending
  • Homebuyer Education (Certificate Awarded)
  • Foreclosure Prevention

One-On-One Counseling Services

Pre-purchase Counseling

Overcoming obstacles which may be preventing homeownership.

  • Homebuying Procedures
  • Budget Counseling
  • No Money Saved
  • Establishing Credit
  • Credit Repair
  • Fair Housing Laws
  • Predatory Lending

Post-purchase Counseling

Offering guidance and advice to existing homeowners.

  • Budget Counseling
  • Understanding Your Mortgage
  • Preventing Mortgage Delinquency

Mortgage Delinquency Counseling

Resolving or preventing delinquency on mortgages.

  • Foreclosure Prevention
  • Pros & Cons of Refinancing
  • Alternatives to Housing

Rental Counseling

Assistance locating, securing, and maintaining rental property.

  • Budget Counseling
  • Understanding Lease
  • Referrals to Community Resources
  • Advice on Low-income Housing
  • Eviction Rental Assistance


SSVF Program

SSVF homeless housing program can help provide assistance to get you back on your feet.

How do I qualify?

  • Veteran, or family member is a veteran
  • Low income
  • Homeless, or about to be homeless


What services are available?

  • Housing counseling and temporary financial assistance of up to five months
  • Assistance with VA, rehabilitation counseling, and other benefits
  • Job search assistance


What do I need to apply?

  • Proof of Veteran status (i.e. DD-214, VA medical card)
  • Letter or proof of - can be from landlord, family member, friend, shelter, or religions organization
  • Verification of income - can include pay stubs, unemployment compensation, SSI, SSDI, VA income, or self-delcaration of income


All Material © Blair County Community Action Agency
Hosting and Webdesign by Precision Business Solutions